Are you curious to find more about Ukrainian developers? We bring you these 14 awesome facts about Ukrainian programmers based on a 2018 DOU survey.
- The average age of a developer in Ukraine is 21 to 29 years old. In general, developers from Ukraine start their career earlier than their USA and UK counterparts.
- 23% of IT specialists are females, an increase with 3% than in 2017.
- The cities with the largest numbers of software developers workers are Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Lviv. 40% of software developers live in Kyiv, 15% in Kharkiv and 12% in Lviv.
- The number of people that work in IT outsourcing and the number of those employed by IT product companies is almost the same in Kyiv, 36% and 35%.
- In Kyiv, the share of junior and senior software engineers is the same, 22% and 21%. Other important IT cities got 2 or 3 junior programmers per 1 senior engineer.
- 56% of Ukrainian IT specialists have around 5 years of experience.
- Interest in technologies, high salaries and professional growth prospects are the three most popular reasons for working in tech, with 78%, 61%, and 50%.
- Ukrainian software developers choose their job based on salary and bonuses with 78%, interesting tasks with 65%, professional growth with 57% and comfortable work conditions for 29%.
- 52% of Ukrainian IT specialists find their job rather interesting, while 32% find their job truly interesting.
- 31% of Ukrainian developers are totally satisfied with their salaries, 51% are rather satisfied while only 12% are not satisfied at all.
- 19% of Ukrainian programmers have their own project, while 30% are only planning it and 45% are not considering it at all.
- Many IT specialists from Ukraine work more than 40 hours per week, 55% to be exact.
- 82% of male respondents and 80% of the women have higher education.
- Ukrainian software developers love to develop their skills. 70% of them read professional literature, 60% attend IT events on a regular basis, and 57% of the developers from the survey take online courses. This means that most of them are the best in their field because they always look for ways to improve their skills.
Get in contact with us and hire a professional Ukrainian developer right away!